'When Peter Zisa presented the guitar to Jessica Owens on behalf of Michael Allen-Harrison (the Snowman Foundation), the impact on yet another life through the spirit of giving was truly grace in action.'
– Shelley Reed, Past-President of the National Association for the Education of Homeless Children and Youth
Zisa's guitar performances 'made the 'Rembrandt Evening' a delight... It does not get much better than Rembrandt and Zisa.'
– Jeri Hamilton, Portland Art Museum: A 'Rembrandt Evening'
'Peter Zisa is an exceptional guitarist who has a combination of dedication and talent that transcends mere technique to a higher level of musical artistry.'
– Scott Zeidel, MA University of Santa Barbara
Zisa's 'performance was great... [his] support of Junior Achievement will ever inspire ever increasing numbers of young people...'
– John Hancock, President of Junior Achievement
'Thank you so much for the lovely guitar! I was astounded that someone would do that for me. God Bless!'
– Rebekah Wheeler, recipient of Jessica Owen's guitar donation, courtesy of Peter Zisa and Michael Allen-Harrison (the Snowman Foundation)
Zisa's 'classical guitar performance was absolutely wonderful; it lent to the creation of a classy atmosphere...'
– Paul Sutienen, Marylhurst University, Alumni Art Gala
'I love the Preludes CD and play it all the time.'
'Special thanks [to Peter Zisa] for taking me to a new level of enjoyment, helping fine tune my performance skills, building my self confidence…All [the] effort and dedication has meant so much to me.'
– Robert Woodward, 2008 Oregon Classical Guitar State Competition
'I thoroughly enjoyed this well-balanced program and I look forward to hearing more from this accomplished performer.'
– Louis Sahagun, The L.A. Times
'Peter Zisa's musicianship was evident from beginning to end. His tone quality was perfect and music expressive and technically above reproach. It was obvious he loved playing every note!'
'...thank you for providing wonderful music at the dedication of the diabetic center. As a fellow diabetic, we both understand the necessity of providing better care for people...'
– Harold Schnitzer, Dedication of Harold Schnitzer Diabetes Health Center
'Having purchased his Preludes and Season of Lights CDs, I continue to enjoy the soothing sounds.'
'Peter Zisa is one of the very few I have heard that goes beyond the notes to higher levels of musical understanding and expression. His playing is delightful and moving.'
– David Grimes, California State University Fullerton
'A beautiful, fluid style of playing and a captivating musician. 'Season of Lights' made my holiday celebrations!'
'The guidance of a good teacher makes all the difference in the development of a brilliant young artist. By all appearances, you have given the support that will serve Travis well for years to come.'
– Michael Newman, Professor at Mannes College
'…surpassingly lovely quality of tone and expression. Peter is very knowledgeable and generous.'
'I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have for you teaching me technique. I was told by Christopher Parkening that I was the most passionate young guitarist with a perfect right hand he had ever seen and I owe it all to you…'
– George Wolff, Winner of 2007 Oregon's Classical Guitar Competition
'Peter Zisa's prowess is persuasive and poignant…his melodious and heartfelt compositions exhibit a fluid style that is powerfully transfixing.'
'Peter Zisa's playing was so lovely and sensitive. I especially appreciated his generous commitment to musical education.'
'Peter Zisa is one of the most versatile and accomplished artists in our region. His ability to teach, to realize a variety of musical styles, and to improvise combine to make his work here in Portland a rich treasure for audiences and students.'